View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002158||Ham Radio Deluxe||Bug||public||2017-07-25 12:00||2017-08-05 18:27|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||220.127.116.111|
|Summary||0002158: Trying to Restore a large logfile > 126K contacts gives Improper argument to popup|
|Description||When having a empty database, trying to restore the XML (to be found on our Google Drive page... 199MB)|
Errors popup saying: Encountered a Improper Argument.
You can Okay it and the logbook will be there after some time.
When done and you want to delete all entries the same message appears and nothing gets deleted.
|Steps To Reproduce||Create an empty log|
Files > Backups > Restore
Browse to the XML referred earlier on G-Drive
Accept and continue
Do Ctrl A to select all entries
Delete and Ok it.
Replicated also by Mike WA9PIE
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||Need a copy of the logfile, please.|
There are two issues here.
One is described in the linked issue 0001707 and also reported here. The customer-reported issue in the support ticket linked from this bug is at least slightly different; examining the ticket reveals that the user actually reported an "out of memory" error, not a "invalid argument" message. I believe the out of memory problem is fixed by the changed that also fix the 1707 issue, but I can't be completely sure because I was not able to reliably reproduce the out of memory error. After the changes I've made, it _never_ reproduces rather than just reproducing some times.
In the future, I think it would save some confusion and time if the reported issue was faithfully described in the Mantis issue, rather than mutated into a different description.
||fixed with related issue|
Backup of the mentioned log goes fast - Fixed
Deleting (CTRL-A Del) still takes forever to wipe all data (12 minutes) No errors though - Partial Fix
Restoring XML Backup Refreshes log every 5000 entries. slowing the restore (the more entries, the more time it takes in the process )
After 20 minutes At 109.000, system gets unresponsive. (could be the log is corrupt) No errors in between For the Error message it is a FIX
Turns out the "Invalid Argument" errors are caused by a data structure that implements the "log file" view in the Logbook. Details of the fix are in the original 1707 issue. But as further explanation, the orphaned critical section makes the application unstable. Anything that tries to write to the "log file" view will end up blocking on the critical section if it's on a different thread that owns the ; or causing the same "Invalid Argument" message if it's on the same thread.
This fix doesn't address performance in any aspect of the logbook. We have lots of issues to manage, so it's important to attack them sensibly -- issues which are over-scoped are too difficult to work, manage, estimate, or close. If you'd like to have a mantis issue that traks performance while deleting records, please feel free to open one; I can address it when I re-work the Logbook data structures.
||I cannot test this as I don't have a large logbook. Could a large log be put in the Dropbox please?|
Update: I found Mike, WA9PIE's adif log on issue 1707 so I saved that and imported the file into an empty log.
No problems and the process took about 1 1/2 minutes.
I then created a backup and then deleted all the QSOs. No problem.
I then imported the backup with no problems again. That took about 1 1/2 minutes.
This with v669
||All completed during the 670 build/release.|
|2017-07-25 12:00||PD9FER||New Issue|
|2017-07-26 19:27||K7ZCZ||Assigned To||=> K7ZCZ|
|2017-07-26 19:27||K7ZCZ||Status||new => feedback|
|2017-07-26 19:27||K7ZCZ||Sub-Module||Various => Data|
|2017-07-26 19:27||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0003747|
|2017-07-26 19:31||K7ZCZ||Relationship added||related to 0001707|
|2017-07-30 23:32||K7ZCZ||Project||1 - Backlog => 3 - Current Dev List|
|2017-07-30 23:36||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0003792|
|2017-07-30 23:36||K7ZCZ||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2017-07-30 23:36||K7ZCZ||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2017-07-30 23:36||K7ZCZ||Testing||=> Not Started|
|2017-07-30 23:36||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0003793|
|2017-08-02 07:33||K7ZCZ||Fixed in Version||=> 18.104.22.1689|
|2017-08-02 17:06||PD9FER||Note Added: 0003850|
|2017-08-02 21:22||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0003857|
|2017-08-03 15:54||g3ucq||Note Added: 0003877|
|2017-08-03 16:16||g3ucq||Note Added: 0003879|
|2017-08-05 18:07||WA9PIE||Testing||Not Started => Not Tested|
|2017-08-05 18:09||WA9PIE||Fixed in Version||22.214.171.1249 => 126.96.36.1990|
|2017-08-05 18:10||WA9PIE||Project||3 - Current Dev List => Ham Radio Deluxe|
|2017-08-05 18:13||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0003901|
|2017-08-05 18:13||WA9PIE||Status||resolved => closed|
|2017-08-05 18:27||WA9PIE||Fixed in Version||188.8.131.520 => 184.108.40.2061|